Thursday, October 8, 2009

33.

I finally decided that it is time to switch to the big ol' toddler bed.... a battle that I knew wasn't going to be easy.

Boy, was I right.
The good part of the story is that he has stopped taking his diaper off every time.
Have I told you about that?
Well, lets just say I have dealt with more poop and pee and baths than I wish to discuss.

The first three days of this new bed was--- rough. It took at least two hours of laying with him and literally fighting him to stay in bed before he finally gave up. Not fun. My friend asked if I had tried what Super Nanny does. If Super Nanny does it, it works then, right?
Every time he comes out of his room, just silently pick him up and put him back in bed.
Sounds simple!

First nap... take a guess how many times I silently put him back in bed.








Prolly still too low...



Thirty-three. 33. 33 TIMES!

When I was at number 10, Friend assured me that "sometimes it takes kids 30 times! Be patient!"

I don't want to say my child is high maintenance, but he has never been very simple in the sleep department. I guess I should have listened to that pediatrician who told me to stop rocking him to sleep when he was 6 months. And I said, out loud, "I'm not going to stop! I could rock him to sleep for the rest of his life!"

Ahem.

Now, nearly two years later I have found myself still trying to rock a toddler who doesn't want to be rocked but would much rather run around his room and throw books outside his door.
Hence, why I am trying the Super Nanny game.

Last night it took 17 tries (and a glass of milk) before he finally stopped coming out. Only 17! I wont mention that it was already an hour past his bedtime and he still decided to grace me with his presence at 5:15 this morning. Maybe he will be tired enough to go down for his nap a little easier today? I will take anything under 30 at this point.

0 comments: