Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Home?

Kele cleared housing today! As of right now there was $0 in damages.. We are praying it stays that way, but they have 21 days to find something to charge us for. Wish us luck!

Colorado Springs was an adventure! First, we looked at a townhome.. It was very nice and new, but the area was not so good. I don't think I would feel comfortable staying there alone if I had to. The second house was awesome, huge, great garage, painted.. but again, the location was terrible!!! Really, really disapointing. The third townhouse we looked at was IT! It is a little pricier than the rest, but so worth every penny. The neighborhood was new, the house was very spacious, the kitchen is great. It has 3 bedrooms, which means we will be getting an extra bed incase anyone wants to come stay the night! I am already dreaming of paint colors, I already have my covered front porch decorated, and thinking of new pieces of furniture I can get to fill up empty space.. Ahhhhh!!!!! I'm so excited. We will fax in our application first thing in the morning. If somehow it doesn't get accepted, I will be bummed! There were a few others for rent in the neighborhood so will definitely stick around there. It is a short 10 minute drive (in traffic) to base, which I hope Kele will like. We were so spoiled living on Ft. Irwin, everything was a 2 minute drive away! Will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Chelsea {& Dan} said...

it looks AWESOME so far!! YAY a 3rd bedroom, C & I can come visit!! heheh. I'm SOOO excited for you!! I hope the app. comes through!!

Megan said...

It is so great!! I am jealous! Love it! and a room for me to come visit! lol
I will pray to god that pinnacle doesnt rip up all your carpet! just sent my money order in for that TODAY! I do not want you to have anything like that.
I love the house! You should have a house warming party or just tell me what you want so you can get a gift for this new home! love it girl!! miss you lots!!!

Kristie said...

Oh man! I love it! I will pray you guys get it!!!