As most moms know, conversations with strangers usually start because they are talking to your child(ren) or making a comment about them.. Today I met a man at the commissary that I will not soon forget. It all started with him saying Hi to Cayden, Cayden getting all shy, a few smiles passed back and forth, and then as I started to walk away he came up to us to talk. A few seconds into our conversation he mentions that he has twins..... that he lost in a car accident.... along with his wife.... while he was deployed.... They wouldn't let him come back in time... he almost killed a guy over it...
I teared up instantly. So did he. It felt like there was no one else around. What can you say to that, other than I'm sorry? He introduced himself, Gary, and said that he just wanted to let me know that Cayden reminded him of his kids, Then he shook my hand, smiled and walked away. Wow. I just felt frozen in my shoes. After we left the store, I immediately wished that I had more to say to him, tell him I'm praying for him, ask him how HE is doing, give him a hug. Can you imagine?? A soldier that is thousands and thousands of miles away fighting for his family and his country and getting that kind of life shattering news?? Here I am worrying about a simple move 2 states away, worrying about where we are going to live, worrying about getting my house ready for the movers,,, and this guy just lost his entire family??
Keep Gary in your prayers, he probably needs quite a few of them right about now.
7 months ago






5 comments:
OMG that's SOOO sad and makes me SOOO sad, gives me chills!!
ohh my gosh that makes you want to be thankful for what you have because it can all be taken away very fast!
Oh my gosh, how sad! It just goes to show not to take the things we have for granted!
Wow. Just wow. That almost made me tear up just reading it. :(
this gave me instant chills!! We meet all kinds of people in our lives and some will stay with us forever and this one will for you!!!
Post a Comment