We had a busy weekend away! We stayed in a hotel that was on Shelter Island, and were surrounded by TONS of yachts and boats which was neat. They had a free breakfast (my favorite!!!) that was delicious and a lot of fun to sit by lots of seagulls wanting food. Cayden really enjoyed that. The first day we made our way to the San Diego zoo.. I am not sure what all the hype was about to be honest with you. It was very un-stroller friendly (stairs everywhere) and the layout was very hard to navigate! We missed a lot of animals all because we couldn't figure out how to get to them. It was so huge and spread out. Too huge! If you go there, I highly recommend that you take the tour bus around. Which brings up anything issue, they have these HUGE double-decker buses driving around the same streets that everyone walks on so you have to stay to the side and be careful when crossing. Enough complaining, I'm happy to say we went, Cayden loved the petting zoo.
We ate TONS of delicious food while we were there. We also went to Sea World. I love that place! We saw every show, they had a really super cute pet show (dogs, cats, pigs) which was probably my favorite, followed by the dolphins. They also have a new Sesame Place which was cool. We even met Elmo! It will be really fun to go again when Cayden gets older because they have quite a few rides! Yesterday we drove up north a little further and visited Del Mar and went to the beach and ate some pizza.
We were definitely wishing we had traveled more while we were here, but I am glad we made it out on our last weekend here. Mom comes in on Tuesday (yes!!!!!) and we are busy packing and laundring for our flight out on Saturday. How on earth did this month creep up so fast? Not that I am complaing, but shesh!!
7 months ago






2 comments:
I am glad you guys had such a good time! We regret not seeing things more too. But hey you got to sea world and the zoo.
Looks like you had fun! I am so glad!!!
Cant wait for you to get home!!
We also regret not seeing more! I'm glad you had fun! We LOVED San Diego. I think it was my favorite place around there.
Post a Comment