When you adopt a pooch from the humane society, they give you a voucher for a free exam, free spay/neuter (if they aren't already snipped), and free rabies exam, blah blah. You have 5 days to redeem it. On top of that, Ivy has kennel cough! Yay! I scheduled her appointment for Tuesday, but had to reschedule it because Kele had an optometry appointment at the same time and couldn't be here to watch Cayden. So I scheduled it for the same time Wednesday. Turns out, Kele couldn't be home again because work was swamped. Ok, no problem. I could handle taking Cayden.
I will leave the name of this office out of it, because that isn't fair.... We get to the office with about 5 minutes to spare. As soon as I load Cayden into his stroller and get Ivy on her leash and by my side, I notice I have about 4 steps to trek up. What a sight! Trying to lift the stroller with a dog dragging me up (thanks for the help doggy! Ha!). Then the door is RIGHT at the end of the stairs, which makes it even more hard to open it with all the open hands that I already have. Finally get it, and notice the two girls sitting at the front desk were just watching. Thanks for the help, right? I stand there for a minute before they acknowledge me and have a seat in the waiting room to wait. She takes us back and tells us to wait, then in walks Dr. P. I understand why he works with animals, and not people. He is about as dry as the bottom of my feet. (Gross, sorry). But really, no personality at all. Either that, or he was not happy to see us. Or maybe it was because Cayden didn't like him right off the bat. Anyways, he gets to the point of the visit (sorta), and leaves.. I was still a little lost. It took about 30 seconds. Instead of giving me meds for her cough, he wanted to "keep her" and take chest xrays. Do I look like a freaking millionaire?? No thanks buddy, just give us the pills. I get back up the the counter and the girl asks what we did, and I tell her I have no idea. She finally asks for her paperwork and notices that it was a humane society exam (duh, wasn't that the point of this visit???) and then notices she has kennel cough (another reason for the visit).
Girl: "Does she have kennel cough?"
Me: "Yes."
Girl: "Oh, you are going to have to take her outside in your car."
Me: "Right now??"
Girl: "Yes, its very contageous."
Me: Look at Cayden, look at the dog, look at the door, look at the stairs, look at the girl.
I had to take Cayden out of his stroller, let Ivy drag us out to the car, force her to get in the car while holding a toddler hand in the middle of a parking lot..get in the car to open the windows (it was over 80 degrees at this point) while still holding the hand of a unwilling toddler...
Great.
Why didn't I just tell her, do they tell you to wait outside when you go to the doctor sick? Isn't that usually the point of the vet???
Whatever.
We head back into the office and say a quick prayer that she jumps doesn't jump out the open window.
When she doesn't give us our paperwork back, I ask where our free voucher for the rabies shot was at. She tells me it is in her file. Well why didn't we get the stupid shot today? Oh, you know. She didn't "think" you could have the shot while on meds. You mean I have to go back???? I make sure to point it out that I was NOT about to pay another $37 office visit for a free shot. I made an appointment to go back for the shot next week when she is off her meds. She asks if I would like to see Dr. P again. I just laughed!! Out loud!! And said, not perferrably..
Wish us luck as we go back there (MINUS Cayden, let me point that out) next week. And I dare them to try and charge me.
7 months ago






1 comments:
taking a dog to the vet is a pain most the time, on top of bringing C with you, I feel you momma! don't you HATE that? I HATE when people CLEARY SEE you STRUGGLING to open the door and don't offer to help. vets can charge you a MILLION $$ for the simplist things I think, they rip you off! STUPID PEOPLE!! I don't think I've EVER had educated people in the vets office helping me!
Post a Comment