The other day, Cayden and I were at our favorite store (well, our other favorite store, Tantrums). They have a little play area for the kids with a slide and playhouse, so it's okay for the kids to play and have a good time. There was a little boy and girl in there. I'd say the boy was four and the girl was two. Cayden was just playing and minding his own business and then the kids started being really mean to him. They would call him over and then take his toys, or steal the toy he was trying to ride on. They were locking him out of the playhouse and not letting him on the slide. In nicer words, the kids were a little out of control. Their mom was off shopping and not paying much attention so I had to go over there a couple times and ask them to be gentle or to play nice. I was over at the books and I peeked over and saw this little boy literally grab C by the collar, spin him around and throw him on the ground. Alright, time to kick some little boy booty. The workers were all kind of just staring at these kids and their mother like "are you serious?" I should've said something to the mom but I just told him that wasn't very nice and took C, paid and got the heck out of there. Maybe that Mom was having a bad day and just needed to tune them out for a few minutes, but if my kids acted like that in public I would have a very hard time taking them anywhere. I'm sure it was his lack of discipline why he acted like that. It is hard to see your kid get picked on, and Cayden has so much to learn because it is such a mean world out there. Kids are mean! My Mom says this is why she homeschooled us. I mean, as a mom you want to protect your kids and stand up for them in every situation and it's going to be hard to learn that I won't always be there to make sure he is okay.
7 months ago






2 comments:
Dude that mom should have done something! It is one thing when your kids are acting out but when they hurt another child....thats where the line is drawn!!! I would have wanted to say something to her she should have been embarrassed!! I am shocked at that.
hahaha! I have a VERY hard time with that lol! It takes all of my self control to not smack some kid, but then again, Adrianna does enough to protect herself hahaha!
Post a Comment