Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Irwin

I think that it is safe to say that I have never been so relieved to be where I am now.. The last two years were so hard for me, it was such a hard adjustment for Kele and I both. I don't know how I did it! I guess I just took it day by day, and I had a few friends that helped make the time go by a little faster, but honestly I don't miss anything about Fort Irwin. It was hard not to feel down, hard not to feel left out being so secluded in the middle of the desert, literally. The only people that it was hard to say goodbye to were already gone (you know who you are!), so I didn't really have any bitter feelings about moving. It's funny when you move a far distance, you find out who is going to be a true friend and who isn't.. who is going to make an effort to stay in touch, and who you know won't. The same thing happened when I moved out there and the same thing is happening now. Those true friends are pretty hard to come by it seems.
Moving where your husband's job is at, is part of an Army wives life (and not Army wives life also, Auntie Boo :(). But out of love you try and suck it up, be supportive and deal with it in a way that doesn't involve too much complaining. I'm sorry Kele for all the complaining I did!! We are so lucky to have to chance to be back in CO, but now I'm sure we will face new challenges of different sort.

P.S. We made it out of Fort Irwin's housing with not a single charge!!!! Woo!! I love my husband, all his stress and hard work :)


Playin in the backyard!


Pizza face! Yum what a boy!

2 comments:

Chelsea {& Dan} said...

I TOTALLY agree with you!! you REALLY find out who your "true" friends are when you move. Same thing happened when we pcsed to Irwin.

I LOVE YOU & MISS YOU!!!

Megan said...

Girl I do not believe we got out of that hell hole alive. lol! I have no idea what I would do without you. It is very hard to find true friends and when you go thorugh things you learn who they are! I am sad that I might not be able to see you before we go to Bliss in 15days!!! I am overwhelmed...but as you said that is what we do for the ones we love. I miss you lots though!!!!!!