Kele and I have made the decision to hold off on any more vaccinations for Cayden. After doing much reasearch and lots of praying, we feel it is the right thing. Not because he had any bad side effects, only because I feel in my heart that it will do more harm than not. I'm not saying he is never going to get another shot, but I want to wait until he grows older and his body is bigger. He has had all of his shots up untill 12 months, and let me tell you that the last appointment was traumatizing! I don't think I have even had that many pokes in one day! Today was the first appointment since we made this decision and I was so nervous going in there alone and telling the doctor that he wasn't going to be getting any shots today. Of corse when I told him, he had to give me his speech about the importance of them, but surprisingly he didn't put any pressure on me or try and change my mind. He just simply said "It is your decision!". If only I could see the same doctor every visit and not have to feel the nervousness at every appointment!
Kele signed his reenlistment papers this morning. Holy cow it is becoming real! They wanted him to sign for longer, and of corse were offering him money, but we decided that we only wanted to do the bare minimum to get there, and if we love it then we will take it from there.
Cayden is having some "quiet time" (as my mom calls it) up in his crib, I doubt that he will fall asleep and it is getting too late, but he is content singing to himself. I am going to Tiffany's Close To My Heart party tonight.. two hours away and I am crossing my fingers that Kele gets off work in time! I thought I could just take him with me, but now with no afternoon nap he is going to be ready for bed e-a-r-l-y.
7 months ago






1 comments:
I do not know this yet cuz I am not a mom yet, but as a Mom you did what was best for your child in your eyes. And you did the research! I am glad you feel good about your discssions in life lately!
Miss you!
Post a Comment