Today is the day that I celebrate (and cry) the last day of having a one year old. It seriously chokes me up. How on earth did these last two years go by so fast, in such a blur? How am I so blessed that God chose me to be the mommy of one stinkin' adorable kid? Something I will never comprehend, why He chose me. There is nothing better in thee world than being a mom. I would not have it any other way.
Cayden has the best sense of humor. When I am getting frustrated with him because he wont go to sleep, he will make a totally funny face or bat his eyelashes and scrunch his nose and I literally have to cover my face and laugh so he can't see it. It's like he can sense that I need a good laugh. I love the way he always asks for a "hug" when he is getting sleepy, and that he is learning so much so fast. He is such a joy, even when he is trying my patience.
You never believe anyone when they tell you time is going to fly.
I can't even describe it.
I'm going to be the mommy of a two year old tomorrow?
But he is still a baby! My baby!
I think about the day before I went into labor.. They wouldn't admit me into the hospital because I wasn't dilated enough. I swore I was in full blown labor. I had to call Kele's commander's wife at 4am because they sent him to the field a week before my due date. Thank heavens I wasn't in labor because he might have missed it. I don't remember much about the night of sleep before my water actually broke, but anyone who is 9 months pregnant probably doesn't get much sleep. Whether I was counting seconds in between contractions or trying to find a comfortable place for my legs to lay, and that was just the beginning of my sleepless nights. The second I got out of bed at 7:15 am, my water broke. He was even kind enough to let me have one last night of (sorta) sleep. Labor wasn't fun and I don't have many good memories of that hospital, but it was all so worth every single second of every single day that I get to spend with my guy.
I am so blessed to get to stay home with him. He has taught me so much more than I thought possible.
Here's to planning a successful SECOND Birthday party and another year with my healthy, smart, handsome, lovable two year old!
Here are two pictures of me in labor :)

7 months ago






1 comments:
looking BEAUTIFUL momma!!!!!
Post a Comment