Ivy!
We had been walking around the humane society at least once a week, just to look. We would see a dog that we liked through the glass, go to visit him/her and although he/she was cute(aren't all dogs?), it didn't feel right. Or we'd find one that was sweet and go home to do our research and decide no. Or we would find one we liked just to get up to the counter for them to tell us he/she didn't like cats, or kids. We had nothing else to do on Saturday so decided to make our rounds, when we came upon a cute little black lab. The lady is sure to tell us she is scared and timid, but there could be worse things. We go see her in the visitation room and she runs right up to me and puts her head in my lap. And then she moves to Kele and does the same thing. And then she goes to C and kisses him on the cheek. It was so sweet. I grew up with a black lab who had to be put down due to a brain tumor when she was 11 years old. Gypsy was her name. (On a side note, I think she was the reason Katie and I cried so hard when we watched Marley and Me.) This doggy looks exactly like Gypsy. It is still taking her a while to get used to us, she usually just follows us from room to room and lays down. It's been a while since I've been around such a calm dog. I wish we knew her past. She is not very good at walking on a leash and isn't very friendly with other dogs, but lets hope that those are things we can work on. She lets Cayden walk all over her and is getting used to Chopper. She is only one years old and came to the shelter with her spay stiches still in her. If you just paid to have your dog spayed, wouldn't you go looking for her? And why the heck does she duck every time you put your hand above your head? I guess we will never know.
9 months ago






2 comments:
AWWWW.....I was wondering when you were going to post something about your new member, cause you haven't told me anything about her. But what happen to your other dog?
I am so happy for you Kelly!! Ivy is gorgeous!!
I am not sure you would want to know the reasons she acts as nervous as she does, it is very likely she was abused before coming to the shelter. As for her timid tendencies, those should pass. Aslan was very much like that when he was younger (I believe he previous owner abused him) and it continues to improve (the dog park was hard in the beginning but has worked wonders for him).
Once Ivy becomes more comfortable with other dogs we could schedule a play date. Colorado Springs isn't too far of a drive.
Post a Comment