Friday, February 13, 2009

Leaving

Yesterday we went and put in our notice to housing that we are leaving. It sort of hit me on the way there, we actually have a date and we actually are leaving. It's pretty bittersweet, but we are leaving our very first home. Our home that we brought Cayden home from the hospital to. The home that we put a lot of time and effort and money into making it feel like a real home, not just somewhere that we were staying. The home that I have cleaned so many times, the floor that I have played with Cayden on for countless hours, the dining room where we have ate hundreds of meals, the backyard where I first watched Mollie play, and now I watch Cayden play in. Cayden's first bedroom, where we set up his crib with much anticipation and hung his tiny clothes in his closet. I gotta tell you, there might be some tears as I see Fort Irwin in my rear-view mirror for the very last time.




I'm going to miss this view out my front door!

4 comments:

Chelsea {& Dan} said...

AWWWW!!! I know how you feel!! It's hard leaving your "first" home. Leaving friends you've made and somewhere where your comfortable and know things about.

I'm going to MISS YOU!!!! Even though we haven't been able to hang out that much, I'm glad the time we have had we've hung out. You've been SOOOO GREAT and such an AWESOME friend!!! I'm going to miss you guys!!

Kristie said...

It IS bittersweet! I was crying with tears of joy and sadness at the same time, its an overwhelming feeling as you drive irwin road for the very first time. Im so happy for you guys!

Karen said...

aaaaaaaaaaaa. I will be sad too and that's a scarry thought you and I crying AGAIN but for a different reason, this time, it's not that I'm leaving you. I really enjoyed all the times I got to come to Ft. Irwin and let down. It's where I was when Grandpa died and you got me through it. So, I'll be sad too for you. And I remember you bringing little bug home for the first time too, thanks for letting Katie and I be there. And it's where we always teased Katie about finding her a man. haha. I hope you are happy about coming back to Colorado. Love, MOM

Megan said...

It is a bittersweet feeling. Yes thank god you are leaving Fort Irwin...I know that feeling. But yes it is sad. For us we started living together in that home and started our marriage. So there are special ties. You will always have those memories and if you made true friends (like ME!!!) you will keep in touch and cross paths again! I am going to be selfish here and say I am so glad you will be home in CO in a month!!! I have missed having my best friend through these hard times. You have been great even with the distance! I love you girl!