I am up way too early and couldn't fall back asleep. Cayden is still up in his crib jabbering away, waiting patiently for someone to come play.
My dad finally made up his mind and has decided to drive out here on Saturday. I'm so excited! Thanksgiving was a little tough last year without my mom, dad and siblings. We are trying hard to think of things that we can fill his Pathfinder up with, maybe I'll get some Christmas shopping done on black Friday and can send some home with him.
We bought our tickets home for Christmas first thing on Saturday morning, and Kele took the itenerary with him to work. When he got there, they told them that leave got changed back to the 27th because of the prepare to deploy order that is almost over.
"What????! I just bought my freaking tickets home!!!" says Kele.
"Let me look at that." Says 1st Sergeant.
"Oh, its okay little Jonesy. You and your family are the best so you can still go home for Christmas."
I'm sure the conversation went exactly like that, but you get the just of it. If we wouldn't have bought tickets that very morning before he left for work, my Christmas dreams would've been shattered!!
Well I'm off to go rescue my little prince. If I leave him up there too long he might just figure out how to get himself out of his bed.
7 months ago






2 comments:
ahhhhhhhh. little belle! I remember the first Christmas we had to spend in Pueblo, away from G-ma, I cried the whole day, it was hard. It just makes my Christmas more exciting knowing that you are coming home for Christmas and gives me more incentive to put up my ugly Christmas tree, maybe Cayden won't think it stinks.
((Belle))that's a hug.
Oh man I was about to freak thinking they changed there minds about you going home for xmas! Thank goodness they didn't. I am so happy for you that your dad will be here for thanksgiving and you get to spend it with lots of family! Lucky girl! Well you are getting good at this blogging thing. and I love the pictures.
Post a Comment